Thursday, June 18, 2009

Commercial Appeal

Television is a favorite pastime of mine. I watch a lot of it. From old sitcoms (Frasier, Golden Girls, Friends, Reba) to dramas (Desperate Housewives, The O.C., One Tree Hill), to game shows, to the Disney Channel, to Lifetime, to... well this list is getting pretty long. Suffice to say, the only things that I don't watch are "Serious Things." In fact, when I was asked within the Human For Sale quiz how much T.V. I watched, I was forced to admit to myself that it was "excessive."

Now, because I watch so much television, I also watch commercials. I have a deep love for Billy Mays and OxiClean. We've gotten to be buddies as I sit on my couch and he shouts at me about the wonder of OxiClean and Orange Glo. I adore the Sham-Wow! man. I purchased a Strap-perfect, and it is one my deepest desires to own a Caulk Pro (I have no idea why, I just feel like it would make me happy every time I looked at the grout in my shower). There are certain commercials that I love and will stop whatever I'm doing to watch them. A prime example is the latest Minute Maid commercial:



Now, that commercial is hilarious. However, I won't lie and say that I love them all. The latest Father's Day commercial from Hallmark really irritates me.




Yay, Charlie. That card was so amazing that we must all now dance and cheer for you. Your mother picked out a card for you, probably helped you record it, and didn't bother to correct your grammar.

Dear Charlie's Momma, for future reference, "perfectest" is NOT a word. And maybe you should have just recorded it for him because it's beyond me how Dad could even tell what he's saying. I had to go to the internet to figure this one out.

And the award for the commercial that earns my undying odium more than any of the rest goes to Nutrisystem and Jillian Barberie. Congratulations.



Thanks, Jillian. Because when I make eye contact with someone and they gently lob me a football, I can't catch-it. In fact, I have absolutely no hand-eye coordination at all.

"How many girls can do that?"

Unless they are struck blind... then most of them.

Jenuinely yours,
Jen

1 comment:

Feeling Jenerous? Leave some love.