Sunday, June 7, 2009

Narration Nation

I've been narrating lately.

This is something that I think I did a lot my junior and senior years of high school, back in the days when I did a lot of writing. I don't do it out loud... that would earn me strange looks and/or a beating like Peter gets from Lois. Especially if I spoke some of my sometimes insulting thoughts...



But it lends a sense of power to my otherwise mediocre day. "I got up and peed" sounds so boring. "Jennifer Ashley" (yes, that's right, I subconsciously middle-name myself. I sound more important as "Jennifer Ashley" than as "Jen"). "Jennifer Ashley rose from the couch and lengthened her spine-- like a cat stretching after a particularly restful nap. She absently shook her foot, pins and needles racing up it. She rotated her head, scratched at her side and made her way to the bathroom to relieve the pressing ache in her bladder." It just sounds so much more important.

I hope I don't start to think out loud like this. That might be embarassing.

Jenuinely yours,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling Jenerous? Leave some love.